The Sith are another creation from the Star Wars franchise. Chances are you probably have a Sith or two at home right now. Darth Vader is the most popular and well-known Sith.
What is a Sith?
Sith (n): (Sih-th) Sith Warriors practice a way of using The Force referred to as The Dark Side. Unlike the Jedi who channel The Force through discipline and they believe it should be channeled through passion in order to reach its true potential.
While at one point there were many Sith fighting for power, one named Darth Bane decided to add structure to the order. Because of him, there are only two Sith allowed to exist simultaneously – a master and an apprentice. This was called the “Rule of two.” Once the apprentice succeeded his Master he would become a Sith Lord and take a new apprentice.
Notable Sith Characters:
- Naga Shadow and Ludo Kreesh – Two Sith Lords whose battle for supremacy caused the fall of the Sith Empire.
- Darth Bane – Destroyed all remaining Sith except his apprentice and created the “Rule of two.”
- Darth Zannah – A female Sith, and Darth Bane’s apprentice.
- Darth Sidious – Also known as Emperor Palpatine, secretly participated in Sith practices in an attempt to end the Jedi order.
- Darth Maul – The first apprentice of Darth Sidious, kills Qui-Gon Jinn in Episode I before falling to Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Darth Tyranus – The second apprentice of Darth Sidious, also known as Count Dooku. Took a major role in The Clone Wars, recruiting Jango Fett and also helping create General Grievous.
- Darth Vader – Darth Sidious’ final apprentice. Was a Jedi known as Anakin Skywalker before assisting Darth Sidious in killing Mace Windu, then swearing allegiance to the Dark Side.
“Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.” ―The Sith Code